Managing Your Country's Reputation with 2012 Country RepTrak™
Country RepTrak™, a global survey of more than 53,000 ratings, collected from 36,000 consumers in the G8 countries, reveals interesting developments in countries’ reputations amidst the Euro crisis, the rise of Asia and the dominance of English. Canada, Australia and Sweden top this year's list of the World's Most Reputable Countries.
Top Trends include:
- Canada wins for the second year in a row: Canada has also improved its score by more than three points. Such a large increase in a score from a top 10 country is unusual but it is a testament to Canada's stability and leadership in key reputation drivers.
- A good reputation means more money: A 5-point improvement for the USA on the RepTrak attribute—a country I would recommend visiting—would equal a 14.6 billion USD increase in tourism receipts.
- Chinese and Indian brands gain recognition: India's and China's Country RepTrak™ reputation attributes—producing high quality products and services, and being technologically advanced—grew by 5-8 points over the past four years.
- Emergence of the emerging countries: Brazil, Colombia, Singapore, Thailand and Ukraine all see their Country RepTrak™ reputation attribute—a favorable environment for doing business—grow by some 10 points over the past four years.
- Italy and Greece are in a free-fall: whereas Spain is given the benefit of the doubt. Greece and Italy both experienced the biggest drops in score and ranking this year, while Spain maintains the same score and rank as last yearDownload a complimentary copy of the 2012 Country RepTrakTM Top Line Report
Download a complimentary copy of the 2012 Country RepTrakTM Top Line Report
Why Country RepTrak™ Matters To You
The insights generated through the Country RepTrak™ study can help:
Country Governments & Tourism:
- Establish key performance indicators that support a country's brand & reputation initiatives
- Inform strategic marketing campaigns to grow tourism & business development
- Identify weak reputational areas for improvement and positive areas to leverage
- Positive country data results can be used to build national pride, marketing leverage, and influence the reputation of local company brands
Foreign Direct Investment Agencies, Global Businesses & Economic Development:
- Advise corporations on going global and how to efficiently build relationships with key stakeholders in the most vital country markets
- Identify and understand the impact of country reputations on corporate brands
- Realize the impact of supportive behaviors in the forms of Buying, Working and Investing in a specific country of interest
About The Study
Country RepTrak™, based on the methodologies of the RepTrak™ system, is a model used to analyze the various perceptions of a country measured by various stakeholder groups.
Reputation Institute identified a set of countries which qualified as candidates for inclusion in the 2012 Country RepTrak™ study. Selection was based upon a combination of the following criteria: (a) largest economies, (b) largest populations, (c) country of interest due to recent economic, political, or natural events. We then measured the perceptions of the selected countries across the world's G8 (Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Russia, United Kingdom, and the United States of America).
Reputation Institute conducted the Country RepTrak™ study in January - February of 2012. Consumers in each of the G8 countries (Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Russia, UK, and USA) rated reputations of 50 countries, and thereby providing a snapshot of the reputation of these markets from the perception of G8 consumers. Over 36,000 consumers provided their external perceptions of the 50 nations and more than 11,000 consumers from G8 countries provided perceptions of their home country.
For more information, contact CountryRepTrak@reputationinstitute.com