City RepTrak™, a global survey of more than 18,000 consumers in the G8 countries, reveals Vancouver to be the top reputed city in the world. The city joins its home country in the winner’s circle; earlier this year, Canada was named the world’s most reputable country in the 2012 Country RepTrak™ ranking.
• Vancouver is the city with the world’s best reputation–it beat Vienna and Sydney in a close competition for the top spot
• Europe is dominating the top 10– with 7 cities from this region
• High ranking cities are dominated by small to medium sized, safe, environmentally friendly and sporty cities. Mega cities tend to have a harder time contending due to the increased challenging of managing their reputation.
• Most cities are able to overcome national associations and build better reputations than their home countries
• New York doesn’t make it to the Top 20–The city is not considered a safe place
Download a complimentary copy of the 2012 City RepTrakTM Top Line Report
The bottom line is that city reputation matters. It’s an essential part of creating and managing support across stakeholder ecosystems…In order to work strategically with your reputation and brand you should:
Start the conversation with Reputation Institute
Why City RepTrak™ Matters To You:
The insights generated through the City RepTrak™ study can help decision makers:Pinpoint the amount of support a city can generate from its reputation in the form of tourism, business investments, recommendations and other key success criteria
• Pinpoint the amount of support a city can generate from its reputation in the form of tourism, business investments, recommendations and other key success criteria
• Map the global reputation landscape of the city using a single lens
• Get a global overview of what drives support from the general public in key markets
• Understand what drives tourism and investments
• Create a global KPI system for managing reputation
• Create the business case for active reputation management
About The Study
City RepTrak™, based on the methodologies of the RepTrak™ system, is a model used to analyze the various perceptions of a country measured by various stakeholder groups.
Reputation Institute identified a set of 100 international cities which qualified as candidates for inclusion in the 2012 City RepTrak™ study. Selection was based upon a combination of the following criteria: (a) largest populations, (b) largest gross domestic product or GDP, (c) and cities which enjoy the highest amounts of tourism.
We then measured the perceptions of the selected cities across the G8 countries. The City RepTrak™ study was conducted in April – May of 2012 with over 18,000 consumers providing their external perceptions of the 100 cities.
For more information, contact Cityreptrak@reputationinstitute.com